[Aleph] Multilingual support for Aleph

Javier Bezos jbezos at wanadoo.es
Mon Aug 16 11:41:50 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I've resumed my work on the multilingual support for
Lamedh, which now is called Mem instead of Lambda.
Mem comes after lamedh and stands for Multilingual
EnvironMent [for Aleph/Omega].

I've created a page devoted to Mem on

http://perso.wanadoo.es/jbezos/mlapleph.html

which contains an updated version with a couple
of bugs fixed and a new example for Russian.

These tools should provide a way to make experiments
in order to develop the true multilingual environment.
I would like to add a language like Arabic (or any
other language written in Arabic script, in order
to extend the macros to right to left writing). This
way, I could see exactly what's wrong, and thus rewrite
parts of mem.sty and extend the auxiliary files in order
to have a fully functional package. Please, could someone
send to me a short text written in Arabic in a file
_not_ in Unicode (eg, in ISO Arabic) and a PS or PDF
with the result.

Idris, how are things with your work on that?

Javier