[Aleph] And boxes (was \parshape and \hangindent)

Javier Bezos jbezos at wanadoo.es
Wed Aug 18 19:11:05 CEST 2004

> After a few tests I discovered LaTeX lists don't work
> in TRT direction. Apparently, the problem lies in the
> fact lists use the \parshape primitive, because I've tried
> to use it in TRT mode and margins are _not_ reversed
> (as \leftskip and \rightskip do). I'm right? Should
> it not be reversed like other "margins"? I'm having
> a similar problem with sections, too, because it
> seems \hangindent still thinks in terms of TLT, but
> at least this is easier to fix:
> \let\orighangindent\hangindent
> \def\hangindent{\orighangindent-}.

There are similar problems with boxes. If I say

\pardir TRT
\textdir TRT

\setbox0\hbox{En}

\box0

the box is typeset TLT and not TRT. With Omega 1.23.2.2
it works fine, but \hangindent and \parshape give mixed
results.

Has that been fixed in Aleph? It's important because
otherwise some important parts of LaTeX (lists and
sections) do not work with Aleph while in Omega more
or less work.

Javier