[Aleph] And boxes (was \parshape and \hangindent)

ishamid ishamid at lamar.colostate.edu
Thu Aug 19 02:27:30 CEST 2004

>===== Original Message From Giuseppe Bilotta <gip.bilotta at iol.it> =====

>but if scan_spec (the scanner for the parameters of \hbox or
>\vbox etc) doesn't find a "dir <some dir>" specification,
>text_direction is not assumed as default. Should I change this?

This is one of those things we have to seriously think about, IMHO. A clear,
sane model for sentence/paragraph bidirectionality is needed. Maybe we should
work on a few scenarios and discuss them. If the global direction is TLT, how
much effect should local changes have? Some of this may be better dealt with
at the format level, others at the engine level, but we need a clear model, or
we're going to run into a lot of headaches later...

I have a couple of ideas about this, but I want to flesh them out first...

Best
Idris