[Aleph] Mem - new release

Javier Bezos jbezos at wanadoo.es
Fri Aug 27 15:13:50 CEST 2004

Giuseppe:

>> - I continue advancing in the verbatim issue.
>
>Exactly, what kind of issues do you have with verbatim? Do keep

Mainly that something like `á' => "\'{a}" and \verb"á"
will show \'{a}. Thanks to the MTP preprocessor this
problem is mostly over, but there are still some obscure
points I'm trying to understand and related to active
characters (as -, which is made active to kill ligatures
like ---).

>in mind that in Aleph you have e-TeX \scantokens available, which
>means you can play slightly dirtier tricks with catcodes than
>in Omega or TeX ...

I'm not sure if \scantokens would help but it
is worth investigating.

Cheers
Javier