[Aleph] Quotation marks disappear

Giuseppe Bilotta gip.bilotta at iol.it
Fri Nov 5 23:14:58 CET 2004

Friday, November 5, 2004 klists at saphor.de wrote:

> Hi!

> Another oddity I've discovered today. Typesetting the following
> document with Aleph / Lamed I get the this result:

> \Preface"

> No error message this time, just the wrong result -- in many cases a
> much worse situation still.

> With normal LaTeX, I get the word Preface enclosed in quotation marks,
> as should be the case.

> Any idea what is going awry?

I ran this on my local copy with the latest Aleph (the one that
will be in the next TeXLive) and this is fixed (it was due to
the interaction between \char and OTPs which we discussed; now
\char's do not get into OTPs). The strange thing is that the
dollar thing is not fixed. I would have expected the $ thing to
do the same, but it didn't. Still looking for the reason.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta