[Aleph] Quotation marks disappear

Giuseppe Bilotta gip.bilotta at iol.it
Sat Nov 6 15:26:56 CET 2004

Saturday, November 6, 2004 klists at saphor.de wrote:

>> > Any idea what is going awry?
>>
>> I ran this on my local copy with the latest Aleph (the one that
>> will be in the next TeXLive) and this is fixed (it was due to
>> the interaction between \char and OTPs which we discussed; now
>> \char's do not get into OTPs).

> Thanks for this speedy and reassuring information.

> Are the corrected Aleph sources already in the texlive repository?
> I've done a p4 sync this morning in the hope to get your corrected
> version. but no luck.

Are you p4-sync'ing source or source.development?

Oh wait. You're right, you get a \ ... sorry, my fault. I was
comparing with the old version I have here under Windows where
the \ was actually active.

Are you sure this is not an encoding problem? The font used is
OT1, but I think the Omega fonts are T1-encoded?

Or maybe it's the same problem as \textdollar ... Hm.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta