[Aleph] More manic eGroups

Morten Høgholm moho01ab at student.cbs.dk
Thu Nov 18 22:09:46 CET 2004

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:05:12 +0100, Giuseppe Bilotta <gip.bilotta at iol.it>
wrote:

> While it will not be a requirement, further development in
> LaTeX [next updates] is going to start silently implying that
> e-TeX extensions are available.

Yes, that's the plan. The expl3 stuff I'm working on just assumes eTeX.
See below...

>>> I'll contact Frank and see about that with him. But I think he might
>>> have really better solutions to provide :-)
>
>> Probably. But right now one can simply use the "etex" package for LaTeX
>> which redefines the allocation macros.
>
> Good point.

As to etex.sty, it would be nice to have something that ties LaTeX closer
to etex and work has quietly begun (or rather: I'm awaiting an answer from
someone). Benjamin, we haven't forgotten your email. I'll get back to you
on that Real Soon (TM).
--
Morten Høgholm