[Aleph] Lamed and dollars, and Quotation marks come back

klists at saphor.de klists at saphor.de
Wed Nov 24 22:03:49 CET 2004

On Tue, 20-11-23, 2004 at 09:48:50PM +0800, YJLee wrote:
> \$ go to OTP in pasered form. it meas before OTP accept input, \$
> already be pasered by Latex and become @"0024 ($) . But the designed
> output of OTP must something that can be handled by Latex .  This
> the reason I use such tricks.

OK, that explains it. Thanks a lot! I'll now go an adapt my
typesetting routines accordingly.

> I think it is a bug in OTP.  Such kind of trouble occur when input
> characters of OTP is 7-bit ASCII but not belonging to OT1 fonts.

The more I read about it, the more doubtful I get if the integration
of transformations within TeX itself is a good idea and if it would
not be much cleaner to have a separate preprocessor that offers this
functionality.

Best regards,

Marc