[Ann-context] New ConTeXt announcements list started

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Fri Nov 11 19:23:48 CET 2005

Hans Hagen wrote:

> The web page for users of your mailing list is:

Hi,

Just to recap: At least for the moment (and hopefully for a
long time to follow) I will be the person that announces
new ConTeXt releases, and I will do so on the new mailing
list for ConTeXt Announcements: ann-context at ntg.nl.

Such announcement messages (at least as long as they are
my responsibility) will always appear only after:

   * both the official mirrors have succeeded in mirroring the
     file from http://www.pragma-ade.com (the mirrors are
     http://mirror.contextgarden.net and http://context.aanhet.net)

   * I have had a chance to create a full release notes page
     on the wiki, and an easily readable summary thereof.

   * I have verified that, afaict, there are no fatal bugs.
     (the recursive diff sometimes shows errors that have
     slipped by Hans completely)

   * I have started an upload of the new 'current' folder to
     CTAN, along with the readable summary of changes.

It would be sensible, I think, if there were no longer any
automatic downloads/installs done before a new release has
actually been officially announced. This is why I CC-ed
Gerben, but it is also true for live.contextgarden.net
installs, for example. Just my 2c.

Cheers, Taco