[dev-context] Fw: [NTG-context] alpha

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Sep 8 11:09:53 CEST 2004

Hi,

A quick rundown of the differences between the latest and the previous alpha,
using my interpretation of importance of the differences (I may have missed some,
i don't want to spend too much time on the alpha's and the diff was quite large):

* Translation of dutch csnames with uppercase chars

* Translation of some forgotten stuff in core-des.tex

* Command joining: \v!sub\v!sub\v!section  became \v!subsubsection, etc.

* The XML interface data files are now included

* mptopdf became 1.3  (Hartmut's patch)

* inclusion of texsync.rb

* new syst-ext macros: \comparedimension[eps]

* 'flush{left,right}' added

* a few minor eTeX 2.1 bug workarounds, and user 'please upgrade' messages
  for etex (<2.2) and pdftex (1.20)

* a float placement fix, as well as some other minor fixes here and there

* A documentation fix in every TeX file:
	%D [filefile=XXX,
  became
	%D [file=XXX,

And there are two big things I could decypher with certainty quickly:

* An extension  to the margin code ?   There are quite a lot of changes that
  were in cont-new previously that  have now moved to page-lay.
  Hans, what is going on there?

* cont-new now holds a fairly large patch for page and table splitting (right?)

Begin forwarded message: