[dev-context] Re: [NTG-context] Bug in math accents (analyzed)

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Nov 1 16:59:13 CET 2004

Taco has found the reason why \mathaccents may get dislocated in slanted
or italic fonts

> The problem is that your code does not set \skewchar for the \scriptfont
> and \scriptscriptfont of the relevant math families. You need to make sure
> you set all three of \textfont X, \scriptfont X and \scriptscriptfont X.
> This requires some minor rewriting of a few macros in font-ini.tex.
> I could do that for you, but my coding style is not even remotely
> similar to yours so I wager you'd rather do it yourself. ;-)

font-ini needs the following patch

   \dosetmathfamily\exfam\textface\textface  \textface        \c!ex\empty
\to \mathstrategies

   \dosetskewchar\mifam\defaultskewcharmi % implemented later on
   \dosetskewchar\syfam\defaultskewcharsy % implemented later on
\to \mathstrategies

      \skewchar\textfont        #1#2%
      \skewchar\scriptfont      #1#2%
      \skewchar\textfont        #1\@@fontskewchar