[dev-context] Re: TeXShow Web/XML

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Mon Mar 21 21:43:58 CET 2005

Hello Taco,

> How do you feel about this URL convention:

>    <cgi> == http://texshow.contextgarden.net/query.cgi
>    <interface> == cont-en OR cont-nl OR ..
>    <unixtime> == unix timestamp of the previous query from
> 	        this particular instance of texshow

looks fine, except for "query.cgi" should get a more sensible name,
such as ifdiff or ... (?)

> And then the CGI returns an XML snippet containing all
> of the changed command definitions. Is that acceptable
> and doable?

Acceptable? Yes. Doable? hmm, currently I take all interface
descriptions from cont-en.xml unless there is a user-changed one
stored locally. So I don't keep a history of the xml-definitions, but
I can do so (in order to get the timestamps).

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki: http://contextgarden.net