[dev-context] Re: TeXShow Web/XML

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Mar 24 09:57:09 CET 2005

Hi,

Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hello Taco,
>
> what about:
>
> ts.rb?what=getdesc&if=en&previous=1011612922

Because we want texshow to become a bit more generic, it would be
just a little bit nicer to have "if=cont-en", but besides that,
it works like a charm, thanks!

> lang currently defaults to "en", in the near future you can set it
> with .... &lang=de (or whatever), this is the language of the
> description/commands/examples.

For the moment, I will assume that example language == interface
language (to put it another way: I do not keep language information
along with the interface definition at all).

> I used the xml structure of the old file we once had. I can change the
> namespace ... if you don't like it.

That's fine, I still had code for that structure so this was
very convenient. The only extension I have made is that the
locally kept version is stored with an extra attribute:

	<cd:explanations ... timestamp="1111234567">

Greetings, Taco