[dev-context] Re: [NTG-context] new beta

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Apr 22 00:18:38 CEST 2005

Hi

I'm currnelty trying all kind of things on linux and mac, but somehow i got the
feeling that either engine support in the unix versions is broken or that it'
ssimply not implemented

  kpsewhich --engine=pdfetex cont-en.fmt

works ok on windows but not on unix; unfortunately we cannot use

  pdfetex -fmt=pdfetex/cont-en

either; this works ok windows, but not on unix; this is why it's nearly
impossible to get engine support working on unix.

I know that TE is not willing to support the engine structure but kpse should at
least work the same on all platforms.

One workaround is that I force the engine and format vars inside texexec (kind
of misusing the kpse feature that a preset emv var is not overloaded, which in
the case of engin edoes not happen anyway). This seems to work.

Quite a waste of time.