[dev-context] Re: Wishlist / Tracker

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon May 30 15:29:35 CEST 2005

Patrick Gundlach wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>It would be nice to have a gforge environment available for tracking
>>context changes/wishes/bugs. Even without SVN, the tracking features
>>can be very helpful.
>
> What kind of tracking? I have played a bit with bugtrackes and
> installed bugzilla a while ago but deleted it 4 minutes later,
> because the system was far too complicated.

Much like my experience with bugzilla.  ;-)

> Later I installed a simple
> ruby program. See <http://gardenbugs.contextgarden.net>. Just create
> an account and play with it, Don't be afraid to put nonsense in there
> (I forgot about the software until your mail). Warning, this is
> currently dead slow because of lack of fastcgi.

Does Bugtrack allow anonymous browsing (and perhaps adding) of entries?
For a 'feature request' list, that would definately be needed. If so,
then it looks like it might be the right tool for the job. It is very
minimalistic though.

What I would like is something with all the 'Tracker' subsystem
functionality in gforge, but nothing else besides that (no mailing
lists, fora, wiki's, websites, top10's, repositories, etc.)
See e.g. http://sarovar.org/tracker/?group_id=230 for an example
(sorry don't know of an equivalent example for Trac)

> An external subversion server should not be complicated. I already
> have svn running here for my own garden-development and I already
> created a public context repository a while ago (but removed it
> because $REASON).

I believe Hans wants to set up a local repository (from his viewpoint),
with possibly external read access for us. Any other solution would
hinder his development cycle.