[dev-context] Re: 2005-05-30 texexec

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Mon May 30 18:21:35 CEST 2005

>> I am used to have --alone leave my format files in place. This doesn't
>> work here anymore.
>
> actually the leaving it in place was a bug there; now we always run
> alone (i removed fmtutil support); should i provide a switch --local?

that would be nice.

I just tried texmfstart

mktexlsr: Done.
TeXExec | using tex engine pdfetex
TeXExec | using tex format path /var/tmp/tetex3/texmf-sysvar/web2c/pdfetex
/opt/context/current/texmf/scripts/context/ruby/base/tex.rb:239:in `initialize': Permission denied - cont-fmt.tex (Errno::EACCES)
        from /opt/context/current/texmf/scripts/context/ruby/base/tex.rb:239:in `open'
        from /opt/context/current/texmf/scripts/context/ruby/base/tex.rb:239:in `openedfile'
        from /opt/context/current/texmf/scripts/context/ruby/base/tex.rb:548:in `makeuserfile'
        from /opt/context/current/texmf/scripts/context/ruby/base/tex.rb:406:in `makeformats'
        from /opt/context/current/texmf/scripts/context/ruby/newtexexec.rb:47:in `make'
        from /opt/context/current/texmf/scripts/context/ruby/newtexexec.rb:592:in `send'
        from /opt/context/current/texmf/scripts/context/ruby/newtexexec.rb:592

>> BTW: I can't stop texexec/pdftex with CTRL-C. Would it be rude to ask
>> to remove $SIG{INT} = "IGNORE"; from texexec?
>
> hm, how about newtexexec.rb ? texexec.pl will go away anyway

that would be fine with me. I lived with it for a couple of years, so
no need to hurry :-)

I am slightly annoyed by the changes in the tex-engines for some time
now. All those changes in the web2c layer where it looks as if
backward compatiblity is available but in reality it is not. Currently
I am losing interest in staying up to date since I am convinced that
everything will change again in half a year or one year from now, with
even more magic in all those 1000s of config parameters/files/scripts.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net