[dev-context] encodings

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Aug 17 21:22:51 CEST 2005

Hi,

This encoding mess ... somehow i got the feeling that we should start
shipping proper tfm files, i.e.

texnansi
ec
qx
char (adam's new one)
ecx  (mojcs's fixed ec)

I can probably convince te polish font guys and we need a similar named
set (generated of copied) for the abotu 15 free fonts on tex live.

There is no point is keeping in tune with old stuff and
latex-needs-it-this-way-so-we-cannot-fix-it situation. It's taking too
much time.

(Comparable with the patterns mess, i now just ship them).

In the end we can set up a project that maintains these sets.