[dev-context] Re: Dense Encoding - Comments wanted

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Fri Aug 19 21:07:03 CEST 2005

>>>It is, but metapost will never default to this font without extra
>>> macro programming.
>> Not even in
>> \startMPenvironment[+]
>> \stopMPenvironment
>> (or whatever this is called in ConTeXt?)
>
> probably possible, but that constitutes "extra macro programming" in
> my book ;-)

Well, right, of course :), but it seems to me that a font in this new
encoding would actually be used by context *and* inline-metafun.
Unless, of course, the magic in \startMPenvironment changes. So, if we
provide a fontencoding that will be used by metafun, at least the
space should look right. Or, \startMPenvironment should choose a
different encoding for (ConTeXt-)typesetting and metafun. But how
would the rules of this decision look like?

Currently (iirc) I can say

\startMPenvironment[+]
\setupencoding[default=newencoding]
\switchtobodyfont[patrick]
\stopMPenvironment

Text should now be in newencoding and metafun stuff in ???.

Patrick
(unless I am totally wrong)
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net