[dev-context] Wiki Text Problems.

Brooks Moses bmoses at stanford.edu
Tue Sep 6 03:59:49 CEST 2005

(Taking Taco's suggestion, and mentioning this here rather than trying to
converse on the Wiki's talk pages.)

Patrick, Mojca, Taco, and other Wiki-people:

The rendered text on the Wiki has suddenly become ugly -- letters are
thinner (too thin!), and the edges of the text are a bit ragged.

My guess is that this is a result of the interaction between anti-aliasing
and setting the transparency to true -- everything that was anti-aliased to
gray is now also set transparent, and thus becomes white when displayed.

I don't know if this is browser-dependent or not, but it's repeatable in
both Opera and Firefox, on my (Windows) computer.

Given this problem, I would recommend reverting to the non-transparent version.

- Brooks