[dev-context] Wiki Text Problems.

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 14:56:04 CEST 2005

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Jikes! Big black rectangles instead of the contents of the image!
> I guess reverting to non-transparent is unavoidable now. Unless
> there is a possibility to use .GIF instead of .PNG?

IE7 seems to fix that (however, it's still in beta and not shipped by default):

I like the comment there:
    Alpha fixed in Beta. Time for Gamma :)

However, I found something more interesting that fixes the problem
already in IE 5.5 and could be added to wiki (to sandbox first):
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/pngtestfixed.htm

I tried it with IE and it seems to work (except the fact that SP2
tends to block JavaScript).

My example (copy-paste from their code): http://pub.mojca.org/tex/wiki/png/

Another remark: take a look at the coat of arms on
http://sl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slovenija (also the image on the above
address on mojca.org). It's transparent, but nevertheless on white
background in IE. I guess it was rendered by wikipedia. The original
version (if you click on it) is on gray background - don't ask me for
the reason - I imported a PDF file with Adobe Photoshop and "black
magic" => gray background in IE.

Mojca