[dev-context] Re: [NTG-context] new beta

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Sep 8 12:18:35 CEST 2005

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm uploading a beta. I replaces a few font things, i.e. il2 and pl0
> support is now replaced by a combination of regimes and using ec and qx.
>
> Also, given that up install the latest latin modern zip, you can have
> condensed monospaced fonts:

Hans, what is the status of the zip? Does it now contain the
full distribution, including the latex/dvips support files?

> I'd like to see the new dense encoding (discussed on dev list) being
> supported as well, but we need to generate metrics for that (can be donw
> with metatype tools)

I suspect that the 'euro-letter' encoding is somewhat hard to use
without a companion 'euro-symbol' encoding and possibly some extra
macros to hide the fact that some bits of ascii are not readily
available. Pasted from an earlier message:

 >  "quotedbl" ,  "numbersign",  "dollar",  "percent",
 >  "ampersand",  "asterisk",  "plus",  "less",
 >  "greater",  "backslash",  "asciicircum",
 >  "underscore",   "braceleft",  "bar",  "braceright",
 >  "asciitilde"

While these are unlikely to appear in prose, they are very
normal characters inside e.g. urls, filenames and program
code (standard macros like \# need to be updated as well).