[dev-context] custom page number format

Stuart Jansen sjansen at gurulabs.com
Wed Oct 12 00:50:15 CEST 2005

I've scoured the list archive and the wiki trying to figure out how to
create an interactive table of contents that includes the chapter number
as part of the page number.

I'm looking for a solution that given something like:

=====
\starttext
Table of Contents
 \placelist[...] % full TOC
\chapter{One}
 \placelist[...] % local TOC
 \section{a}
 \section{b}
 \section{c}
\chapter{Two}
 \placelist[...] % local TOC
 \section{c}
 \section{d}
\starttext
=====

produces something like:

=====
Table of Contents
  One	1-1	Two	2-1
    a	1-2	    d	2-2
    b	1-3	    e	2-4
    c	1-7
One            % page 1-1
    a	1-2
    b	1-3
    c	1-7
  a            % page 1-2
  b            % page 1-3
  c            % page 1-7
Two            % page 2-1
    d	2-2
    e	2-4
  d            % page 2-2
  e            % page 2-4
=====

I've found solutions to print the page number on individual pages using
the chapter-pagenumber format. I can get \placelist to produce the
format I want. It's easy to produce interactive lists using the
pre-defined formats. But I haven't been able to produce an interactive
custom formatted list. And at any rate, my solutions are kind of ugly
leading me to believe there's probably an easier way I've missed.

How should I be doing this?

--
Stuart Jansen <sjansen at gurulabs.com>
Guru Labs, L.C.