[dev-context] SciTE on linux

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Tue Jan 17 17:36:54 CET 2006


Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I now have a SciTE environment running on linux, but I've had to
> tweak some stuff, that perhaps could be backported to the distro.
>
> * Especially, setting up the font was a bit weird. The X font server
> (at least the free version) does not understand OpenType fonts, so I
> had to convert LMTypewriter10-Regular to truetype using fontforge,
> then install the truetype font in X.
>
> The system name became "LMTypewriter10 Regular", and the addition
> of " Regular" is crucial. Just "LMTypewriter10" does not work.
>
> Also, I found I needed to add an exclamation mark in from of the
> name to get an antialiased font (it looks awful without that).
>
> So I have changed the two lines in context.properties to:
>
>   font.monospace=font:!LMTypewriter10 Regular,size:16.5
>   font.errorfont=font:!LMTypewriter10 Regular,size:11.5

so we need:

if PLAT_WIN
    font.monospace=font:LMTypewriter10,size:16.5
    font.errorfont=font:LMTypewriter10,size:11.5

if PLAT_GTK
    font.monospace=font:!LMTypewriter10 Regular,size:16.5
    font.errorfont=font:!LMTypewriter10 Regular,size:11.5

> Now it works, with the exception that the top of a number of
> characters like [ and ] is not displayed in a most font sizes
> (that may be a problem caused by the auto-generated TTF font.
> does it happen on windows as well?).
>
>
> * I've changed the 'go' command so that it runs
>
>   $(name.context.acrobat) $(FileName).pdf
>
> system() on unix does not automatically resolve file extensions
> like windows does, so the direct "$(FileName).pdf" did not work.

like this?

if PLAT_WIN
    command.go.$(file.patterns.context)=$(FileName).pdf
    command.go.$(file.patterns.metafun)=$(FileName).pdf
    command.go.$(file.patterns.example)=$(FileName).pdf
    command.go.*.fo=$(FileName).pdf

if PLAT_GTK
    name.context.acrobat=acroread

if PLAT_GTK
    command.go.$(file.patterns.context)=$(name.context.acrobat) 
$(FileName).pdf
    command.go.$(file.patterns.metafun)=$(name.context.acrobat) 
$(FileName).pdf
    command.go.$(file.patterns.example)=$(name.context.acrobat) 
$(FileName).pdf
    command.go.*.fo=$(name.context.acrobat) $(FileName).pdf


>
>
> * I also had to create texmfstart: that command does not exist on
> texlive (but it is in tetex 3.0).

hm, that's bad news

Hans


More information about the dev-context mailing list