[dev-context] CSV, alpha 2 ;)

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 16:09:27 CEST 2006

Hello, Hans and Taco (once you're back),

http://pub.mojca.org/tex/csv/ has the new version of the documentation
for the database module, but it's still a bit buggy. Please forget
about "feature requests" at the end of the document, they're there
just for the guidelines about what could also be useful.

There are still some bugs appearing (problems with UTF were introduced
recently); a funny thing is also that if I redefine the font encoding
to be EC instead of texnansi (I don't understand why texnansi is used
by deafault, but I don't really mind), the resulting characters in
"Taco's mode" are different (wrong in both cases anyway). "Hans's
mode" doesn't compile if utf-8 characters are present.

The following definition has to be fixed:

\def\setupseparatedlist
  {\dodoubleempty\dosetupseparatedlist}

\def\dosetupseparatedlist[#1][#2]%
  {\getparameters[\??ls#1][#2]}

And if you manage to figure out what's going wrong with
    \showsetups{startseparatedlistname}
    \showsetups{processseparatedfile}
and with the very last example with TSV, I would be very grateful as
well. These are probably my mistakes somewhere, but I don't know where
I did a (probably stupid little) mistake.

What's the default behaviour with \inmargin inside \placefloat? I
guess that that is or should be forbidden, but how can I place
something "marginal" next to the float?

(I have some other "\marginal" questions, but that's a topic for another mail.)

Mojca