[dev-context] mptopdf: produces PDF with 'unknown operator' error

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Mon Jan 1 16:34:34 CET 2007


Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
> Thanks, that was the problem.  I was at mpost 0.970 and with 0.993 the
> problem vanished.  Another problem appeared, which is that pdftk
> segfaults when uncompressing the new pdf file, but I'll track that down
> and report it to the pdftk authors.
> 
> mpost now says it is 0.993.  But mpost -v says 0.992.  There are a few
> spots in the source code with 0.992 strings.  To find them:
> 
>   find -type f | xargs grep -I '\<0\.99[23]\>'
> 
> Not sure which are spurious and which need changing.

The problem is that there is this independant C file that is used by
web2c for the messages created by --version, and I keep forgetting
to update that thing. Thanks for the warning.

> Also, I updated the update-tetex.make.  Here's a diff and also the new
> version is attached.  
> 
> Before running it, I removed the /usr/share/texmf/web2c/mp.pool that the
> older version of the makefile had installed on the last mpost upgrade;

Just delete the thing completely. The pool file is only needed
during the creation of the mpost executable proper, never afterwards.
There is absolutely no need to install it anywhere.

Best wishes,

Taco


More information about the dev-context mailing list