[dev-context] Script files for third party modules.

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Jan 3 05:39:39 CET 2007

Hi Hans,

  Mojca and I are writing a module that uses a vim script to highlight
source code. What is the best way to "package" this module. That is,
where should the script file go? The ideal location will be

scripts/context/vim/macros/

Are third party modules allowed to "pollute" the scripts/ directory?

We have another concern while calling the script. We need to call vim
using

   vim [options] -c "source path-to-script/2context.vim" filename

This command is called using \externalprogram. We do not want to
hard code the location of path to the scirpt. Does it make sense to
add VIMINPUTS environment variable to texmfstart, to reduce the search
time?

Is there a way to locate the file in the texmf-tree and pass the
arguments to another program? I copied 2context.vim to texmf-tree and

   texmfstart --locate 2context.vim

gives its location. However

   texmfstart bin:vim kpse:2context.vim

does not load the file. I get

texmfstart version 2.0.2
kpse     : direct (forced)
locating '2context.vim' in program space 'context'
locating '2context.vim' in program space 'context' using format 'other
text files' 2context.vim is not resolved using 'system' call: vim  2context.vim

What is the correct way of finding something in the texmf-tree but
outside program space 'context'?

Aditya