[dev-context] Script files for third party modules.

Aditya Mahajan adityam at umich.edu
Wed Jan 3 17:51:54 CET 2007

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Hans Hagen wrote:

> >> --program=yourtex
> >>

> > what should yourtex be in this case?
> >
> dunno, depends on the texmf.cnf file

I am using the default texmf.cnf that ships with the stand-alone
distribution. Mine says

texmf-local/web2c/texmf.cnf
   progname = unsetprogname
   engine   = unsetengine
   backend  = unsetbackend

texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
   progname = unset
   engine = unset

> >> but i wonder, isn't the vim stuff in the context tree? can kpse find it?
> >>

> > Aparantly not. Something seems to be broken.
> >
> >         kpsewhich --version
> >         kpathsea version
> >         Copyright 2005 Karl Berry & Olaf Weber.
> >         There is NO warranty.  You may redistribute this software
> >         under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
> >         For more information about these matters, see the files named
> >         GPL and LGPL.
> >
> > Notice no version number!
> >
> ancient ; and no warranty either

This is the one that ships with windows stand-alone distribution. I
just reinstalled everything.

> maybe the scripts path in texmf.cnf has no \\ appended (recurse)

There is // at the end of TEXMFSCRITPS and RUBYINPUTS, etc.in
texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf But the file texmf-local/web2c/texmf.cnf did not
have // at the end. I added it, but that did not change anything.
   kpsewhich texexec.rb
still does not return anything.

> anyhow, maybe it's about time to kick out kpsewhich and use luatools
> which is faster too and more clever

Ok. So for the time being, we will put 2context.vim in the same
directory as the module. Assuming that the module ends up somewhere in
tex/context/third/t-<whatever> kpsewhich will be able to find it.
Once, luatools become available, we may choose a different packaging
structure.

To Mojca:
1) What should we name the module? I was thinking t-syn-vim.tex, that
way, if someone uses a different highlighting engine, say scite, that
module can be named t-syn-scite etc. (Hans, did you get the hint ;)

2) I will try to get the system call correct. If 2context.vim is in
texmf-<whatever>/tex/context/third/t-syn-vim/ then, something like
this should work
\executesystemcommand{ texmfstart bin:vim -e (and other options)
  -c "source kpse:2context" ...etc...}

We need to play around a bit to get " (quotes) to work inside a call
to texmfstart. Right now, texmfstart eats the quotes.

Aditya