[dev-context] texexec and return codes ... bad

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Wed Jan 10 00:27:13 CET 2007

On Die, 09 Jan 2007, Hans Hagen wrote:
> >># texexec --nonstopmode --fast --make --xetex cont-en
> >>! Undefined control sequence.
> >>l.63 \ifcase\pdfgentounicode
> >>                             \else \expandafter \endinput \fi
> >>?
> >>
> >>and waiting there.
> >>

> i hope that the current 'current' is ok; btw, \pdfgentounicode is part of
> the latest pdftex (the one that goed on tex live)

But do you *EXPECT* that everyone will have pdftex 1.40.1 installed? Is
it obligatory?

In Debian we wont have it for some time, because it takes some time to
create new packages for TeX Live 2006/7.

Shouldn't the usage of a new primitive somehow be shielded in case
someone uses pdftex 1.30.5?

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>                    Università di Siena