[dev-context] engine setting in context/texexec

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Wed Jan 10 18:55:55 CET 2007

Hi,

Dropped the CCs because I believe everybody reads dev-context

Hans Hagen wrote:

> personally i think that linux users can best install debian packages and
> leave tex live for what it is; actually, thinking of it ... since there

I agree with you (for the subset of users that are linux users, with
a debian-based system). For the other linux users, I've been thinking:
would it be possible to make rpm packages from the debian packages in
an automated fashion, somehow?

Meanwhile, we should warn (put on the wiki) that people on a
platform that does not have an installed pdftex 1.40 yet,
should  not attempt to run ctxtools --update.

I am thinking MikTeX & MacTeX here. And all context-minimal and
gwtex users should update the entire distribution completely.
Correct?

Best,