[dev-context] engine setting in context/texexec

Sanjoy Mahajan sanjoy at mrao.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 10 21:11:33 CET 2007

> For the other linux users, I've been thinking: would it be possible
> to make rpm packages from the debian packages in an automated
> fashion, somehow?

>From alien(1), which is available on most Debian-based systems:

       alien --to-rpm package.deb
             Convert the package.deb into a package.rpm

I've not tried that direction myself, only the other way (just learnt
about the --to-rpm switch now).

The post-installation scripts might be problematic, because their
conversion requires more intelligence than is available in most
programs?

-Sanjoy

`Not all those who wander are lost.' (J.R.R. Tolkien)