[dev-context] engine setting in context/texexec

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Thu Jan 11 01:22:01 CET 2007

On Mit, 10 Jan 2007, Sanjoy Mahajan wrote:
>        alien --to-rpm package.deb
>              Convert the package.deb into a package.rpm

Better as root
	alien --scripts --to-rpm ...

> The post-installation scripts might be problematic, because their
> conversion requires more intelligence than is available in most
> programs?

In fact the post-installation scripts are the big problem since other
distributions don't have update-updmap/language/formats scripts.

All the rest is self-contained.

So, to put it simple: Building a rpm would be trivial. I think I could
do it in 10min. Ok,I could do it 10 years ago when I was working on SuSE
Linux with rpm and I did knew how building rpms are working.

For someone with a bit of rpm knowledge it should be easy to convert the
debian source package to a rpm source package.

If someone steps forward and needs a bit of help, or steps forward to
help me a bit, we can do this and provide rpms at the same time as debs.
But I need someone with rpm knowledge.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining at logic.at>                    Università di Siena