[dev-context] TeXLive 2006

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 17:49:24 CET 2007

On 12/14/06, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> > Are formats also part of TeXLive?
>
> In general: yes.
>
> > If so, will formats for XeTeX also be available
>
> Probably not. There can be only one format with a given name within
> TeXLive (fmtutil), and that will almost certainly be used for pdftex.

After I finally managed to download & test a bit, I'm really glad to
tell you that you were wrong this time ;)

Formats are now properly placed under xetex and pdftex subfolders (and
generated when one first compiles a document), so ConTeXt works with
both engines without any problems in the latest TeX Live ;)

    Mojca

(Could ConTeXt be built with slightly more hyphenation patterns in
TeXLive perhaps? Well, I bear a specific one in my head at the moment
... I don't know how it is with other languages.)