[dev-context] TeXLive 2006

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 23:52:04 CET 2007

On 1/21/07, Hans Hagen wrote:
> Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> >> In general: yes.

> >> Probably not. There can be only one format with a given name within
> >> TeXLive (fmtutil), and that will almost certainly be used for pdftex.
> >>

> > After I finally managed to download & test a bit, I'm really glad to
> > tell you that you were wrong this time ;)
> >
> well, akira already implemented the engine subpath support quite a while
> ago; dunno about miktex

XeTeX will be integrated in 2.7, so it's not an issue yet.

> > (Could ConTeXt be built with slightly more hyphenation patterns in
> > TeXLive perhaps? Well, I bear a specific one in my head at the moment
> > .... I don't know how it is with other languages.)
>
> --all

But if formats are created automatically, it's impossible to pass
options (unless one creates formats manually, of course, but even then
it's a bit confusing - I never know to which location the formats are
going to be placed - it's different each time when I try to generate
them ;).

Mojca