[dev-context] Improved support for Norwegian in ConTeXt

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Mon Feb 5 18:27:03 CET 2007

Måndag 05 februar 2007 01:41 skreiv Mojca Miklavec:

>Naturally, only the Babel maintainers can change Babel.  All I can
>suggest filing a report in the latex bug database.  Although quick
>action is unlikely, at least that way it can be considered.  Presumably
>the bokmal name could become the canonical one, and Norwegian+norsk just
>left as aliases for compatibility.

Yes, that sounds like a good solution.

>   Would it be possible to have two different hyphenation dictionaries
>   for 'nb' and 'nn', which would only differ in the hyphenation
>   exceptions used for these two words?
>
>Anything is possible.  Maybe a good approach would be to create
>nbhyph.tex and nnhyph.tex, which \input nohyphbx.tex and then add the
>necessary exceptions.  Then I can make languages nb and nn in TL which
>\input the new files.
>
>Can you upload a new package to CTAN with those files?

Will do. I have contacted the author of the nohyphbx.tex hyphenation patterns
to hear if he has any comments (or objections!). If everything works out all
right, I will upload the new files to CTAN in the not to distant future.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer
E-mail and Jabber: karl at huftis.org