[dev-context] [contexttest-Feature Requests][72] Extending \placefloat{top,left}. {bottom,outer}, ...

contexttest-featurerequests at foundry.supelec.fr contexttest-featurerequests at foundry.supelec.fr
Fri Feb 9 06:09:45 CET 2007

You can respond by visiting:
http://foundry.supelec.fr/tracker/?func=detail&atid=164&aid=72&group_id=21
Or by replying to this e-mail entering your response between the following markers:
#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+
(enter your response here)
#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+

Version: None
Category: None

Initial Comment:
(From contextgarden.net)

The \placefigure macro should be extended to combinations like
    \placefigure{top,left}
or
    \placefigure{bottom,outer}
The reason for this request is that we use ConTeXt a lot for typesetting books from "arts and humanities".
There we often have to place a lot of (more then 100) figures at "fixed" positions like top-outer and bottom-inner, wrapped by text.
I guess it's not a trivial feature to be implemented in TeX's paragraph processing, but I know it might be worth the effort: ConTeXt's way to deal with fonts and text is so superior that it should be also accessible for disciplines that besides text also rely on images - as the arts and humanities do.

Date: 2007-02-09 06:09

Message:
The original post was here:
http://www.ntg.nl/pipermail/ntg-context/2005/013891.html

Hans sent some code - so those who would like to use floating text around
figures - go for testing.