[dev-context] [Fwd: Re: Debian Context Font problems]

Boguslaw Jackowski bop at bop.com.pl
Mon Feb 12 16:37:23 CET 2007

Sorry, I'm not on the list dev-context at ntg.nl, I received only the letter
from you and (one) from Mike Bird <mgb-debian at yosemite.net>, who wrote:

> Looks like lmodern and freetype don't get along.

I like this formulation: at the moment I cannot swear, that LMs
are flawless (in this respect; I'm sure they are not in many
others... ;-)

Therefore I tested the programs from commercial vendors, as there was
no mention so far about them (or I just overlooked it), just to have
more experimental data in hand.

The only thing we can  do -- at this stage -- is to experiment with global
hints (I hope it is not an urgent matter...). Or maybe freetype team will
earlier spot the reason? Has anybody informed them?

Thank you very much for the efficient collaboration.

Cheers -- Jacko

--
BOP s. c.
ul. Bora-Komorowskiego 24, 80-377 Gdansk, Poland