[dev-context] [NTG-context] ConTeXt release 2007.02.20 (fwd)

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Fri Feb 23 10:01:22 CET 2007

Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Taco, hi Hans, hi all!
>
> On Don, 22 Feb 2007, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>
>> So version 1.00 supposedly had the math fonts, but it did not have
>> the proper fonts for math roman encoding? Sigh.
>>

> Hmm, this seems to be the problem (from the lmodern changelog):
> * math text metric files (rm-*.tfm) provided
>

>> Look for the change in type-enc.tex (extra font synonyms), that is the
>> culprit. I do not know how to 'fix' this, other than waiting for the
>> latin modern 1.01 deb package.
>>

> I removed these lines, rebuild the format, but still get the same
> errors.
>
> Does one of you have any other suggestions/ideas how to work around
> this? I am not sure that we can get lm 1.01 into Debian soon, not before
> Debian etch is released, and this ....

one option is to add the 1.01 lm map files to the context package; they
are more complete

> I thought that Taco submitted these map files? At least I didn't change
> anything on the ConTeXt files in the svn texlive repository.

my tex live tree not being completely updated seems to be related to an rsync time out problem at the tug server side; karl looked into it but there is no way to make rsync behave more robust; lm 1.01 is in the latest tex live