[dev-context] XeTeX and fontconfig in the minimals?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 03:03:31 CET 2007

Hello Hans,

I really rarely work on windows recently, but it would be great if the
windows minimals would support xetex & fontconfig properly. Currently
XeTeX fails to work since some libraries are missing (icuuc34.dll is
reported, but others are missing as well).

These was true some time ago:
    http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Windows_Installation#XeTeX_Installation

Most things still hold, the only thing is that binaries could now be
taken from TeXLive.

This is a list of missing files in bin:

fc-{cache,case,cat,glyphname,lang,list,match}.exe
icudt34.dll
icule34.dll
icuuc34.dll
TECkit_x86.dll

I don't know what these are, but they might be needed as well (no idea):
nkf.exe
ole32.dll
oleaut32.dll
rpcrt4.dll

I don't have the TeXLive here, but if you take a look into
    ftp://akagi.ms.u-tokyo.ac.jp/pub/TeX/win32/xetex-w32.tar.bz2
the following is also *really* needed:
- texmf/fonts/ {everything except opentype}
(-doc/xetex/XeTeX-reference and xetex-guide might be useful, but not needed)

"Setting up fontconfig" still holds as written on the wiki. Would it
be possible to add these files and fontconfig settings? I would really
like to remove that portion of instructions from the wiki.

Thanks a lot,
    Mojca