[dev-context] [NTG-context] Strange lucida bright math issue

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Thu Mar 1 09:40:07 CET 2007

Hi Hans,

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Helin Gai wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> After upgrading to TeXLive 2007, I'm experiencing a strange issue with
>> Lucida Bright. It seems that none of the math font is working. The
>> system keeps reporting "TFM file can't be found" even though it's
>> there. The normal text (nonmath) -- roman/sans serif, etc., is
>> working. What can I do now?
>>

> when yandy was dissolved tug took over distribution and they decided not
> to ship the original tfm metrics but only latex related files; because
> the 'new' metrics are different from the original ones, i don't support
> them (if only because i've been using lucida quite extensively and i
> don't want to break anything);
>
> there is a cont-fnt.zip on the website that shoul dhave them
>
> i guess that if enough complaints reach tug they may reconsider adding the original tfm files (only a handful)

It seems there is no lucida/mathtime support on texlive at all,
only some spurious metrics from an extension attempt to psnfss,
but not the 'official' font package support, not even for LaTeX.

Meanwhile, I checked out cont-fnt.zip, but it does not have the
lbm* files either, only text font metrics are included.

Cheers, Taco