[dev-context] [contexttest-Feature Requests][76] floats and indenting

contexttest-featurerequests at foundry.supelec.fr contexttest-featurerequests at foundry.supelec.fr
Fri Mar 2 21:12:01 CET 2007

You can respond by visiting:
http://foundry.supelec.fr/tracker/?func=detail&atid=164&aid=76&group_id=21
Or by replying to this e-mail entering your response between the following markers:
#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+
(enter your response here)
#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+

Version: None
Category: Typesetting

Initial Comment:
Hi,

The paragraph after \placefloat[top] is always indented, and one after \placefloat[bottom] is never indented. This can sometimes be frustating. For example, a top float right after a section

\setupindenting[big,yes]
\section{test}
\placefloat[top]{}{}
\input knuth

or a bottom float between two paragraphs

\setupindenting[big,yes]
\input tufte

\placefloat[bottom]{}{}

\input tufte

The reason for different behaviour of top and bottom is the differce in their definition in page-flt

\def\sometopfloat          [#1]{\someelsefloat[#1]\nonoindentation}
\def\somebottomfloat       [#1]{\someelsefloat[#1]}

I understand that it is difficult to make sure that all cases are handled correctly (automatically). So, I propose a manual solution. Make \placefloat honor indentnext. Then one can do

\setupfloat [figure] [indentnext=auto]

and then

\setupindenting[big,yes]

\section{test}
\placefloat[top]{}{}%<-- No blank line
\input knuth

and

\setupindenting[big,yes]
\input tufte

\placefloat[bottom]{}{}%<--blank line.

\input tufte

I am attaching a patch that takes care of this. It can be a stop gap solution for the time being.

Aditya

Date: 2007-03-02 15:12

Message:
Forgot to check the box to upload the file