[dev-context] TeX on contextgarden disabled - \installprogram security

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Thu Mar 29 13:49:18 CEST 2007

Taco Hoekwater <taco at elvenkind.com> writes:

>>> OK, this works, but is it possible to put this into a global
>>> configuration file (texmf.cnf, cont-usr.tex)? There are several places
>> /etc/profile :-)
>
> I just realized that that could be wrong, if you run ruby directly
>>from apache using exec(). But I thought you had an executable wrapper
> around texexec?

I thought that is what you ment by using ':-)'. Yes, I have an
executable wrapper around texexec, but several points on the garden
where I call texexec. Two at the
moment but I will probably add some more in the future. And those
don't read /etc/profile so I'd have to set the environment variable in
each of the wrappers. Maybe I will add yet another layer to texexec
that just exports this variable.

At the moment I have stopped the automatic update of ConTeXt and
manually removed the line where external programs get called. I will
reenable updates once I have this kind of wrapper.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net