[dev-context] Fwd: \startsection ...\stopsection alias for \section?

Wolfgang Schuster schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com
Wed May 30 15:12:19 CEST 2007

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang at googlemail.com>
Date: 30.05.2007 14:22
Subject: Re: [dev-context] \startsection ...\stopsection alias for \section?
To: Patrick Gundlach <patrick at gundla.ch>

2007/5/30, Patrick Gundlach <patrick at gundla.ch>:

> [...]
>
> > Another interesting way is to use start-stop sections is as specified
> > by rfc2629 [1]: \startsection is nestable, so that you can have
> >
> > \startsection {first section}
> >
> > \startsection {first subsection}
> >
> > \stopsection
> >
> > \startsection {second subsection}
> >
> > \stopsection
> >
> > \stopsection
> >
> > which makes it easy to move things around, promote demote section
> > levels, etc.
>
> That would be really, really nice!
>
> Patrick

Hi,

\startchapter
\startsection
\stopsection
\stopchapter

can be implemented by adding a few lines in the \definhead macros and
should be the default method.

Nested sections should be implemented in a module and shipped with the
main files. Look in the attachment for a example, I wrote a few weeks ago.

What we need is a specification what is needed (reporting for opening and
closing sections in the log file) and support by Hans to include the macros.

We should also collect other macros, that need a start/stop pair and provide
patches how they can be integrated (can be done in the wiki).

Wolfgang