[dev-context] \buildtextaccent in LuaTeX

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 13:44:21 CEST 2007

Hello Hans,

as far as I remember this used to work once back in May in LuaTeX
(because I was able to fake cacute in a font which didn't have it;
however it never worked in XeTeX):

čšž (\textcaron)(\textacute)\crlf
\quotation{this} is {\buildtextaccent\textacute c}\crlf
\quotation{this} is {\buildtextaccent\textcaron c}\crlf

Now the characters don't compose any more. What's even more
interesting, it fails badly with XeTeX, where most characters are
simply blank.

And even more interesting - watch the different guillemots when using
LuaTeX and XeTeX. Even more interesting, if you use
one gets different guillemots (it might be that they're taken from LM
instead of Iwona when there is no [encoding=uc] present).