[dev-context] \buildtextaccent in LuaTeX

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 13:44:21 CEST 2007

Hello Hans,

as far as I remember this used to work once back in May in LuaTeX
(because I was able to fake cacute in a font which didn't have it;
however it never worked in XeTeX):

\definefontsynonym[bla][Iwona-Regular]
\definedfont[bla]
\mainlanguage[sl]

\starttext
čšž (\textcaron)(\textacute)\crlf
\quotation{this} is {\buildtextaccent\textacute c}\crlf
\quotation{this} is {\buildtextaccent\textcaron c}\crlf
\stoptext

Now the characters don't compose any more. What's even more
interesting, it fails badly with XeTeX, where most characters are
simply blank.

And even more interesting - watch the different guillemots when using
LuaTeX and XeTeX. Even more interesting, if you use
    \definefontsynonym[bla][Iwona-Regular][encoding=uc]
one gets different guillemots (it might be that they're taken from LM
instead of Iwona when there is no [encoding=uc] present).

Mojca