[dev-context] binaries in context minimals

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Sep 19 22:44:58 CEST 2007

Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I took the list of binaries from texmf-macosx/bin. I'm trying to set
> some semi-automatic process to fetch them (well, to add them to a
> repository on the garden, http://minimals.contextgarden.net/). I've
> split the binaries into different groups. Can anyone please comment on
> it?
>
> a.) do we still need any of these?
> afm2pl
> afm2tfm
> dvipdfmx
> mktexmf

^ probably not, not sure what it does

> mmafm
> mmpfb

^ multiple master fonts are obsolete

> pfb2pfa

^ can go away

> pltotf
> tftopl

knuthian progies so let's keep them (debugging)

> ttf2afm

maybe keep it for a while (debugging

> ttf2tfm

does not really work i think

> vftovp
> vptovf

knuthian progs

so: mktexmf, ttf2tfm and pfb2pfa can go away

> b.) stubs (Hans: should I simply copy everything from stubs there?)
> concheck
> ctxtools
> exaclient
> exampleg
> examplex
> exaresolve
> exaserver
> exatools

exastuff can go away (one can alway suse texmfstart scriptname)

> imgtopdf

i need the minimals myself, so keep that one for a while

> makempy
> mptopdf
> pdftools
> pstopdf
> rlxtools
> rscortool
> rsfiltool
> rslibtool
> texexec
> texfont
> texshow
> textools
> texutil
> tmftools
> xmltools

okay

> c.) simply copy from cont-tmf
> texmfstart
> luatools
> mtxrun

indeed, beware, we need these copied in the bin path !

> d.) to be taken from texlive
> bibtex
> dvipos
> dvips

sure

> dvitodvi

used?

> kpseaccess

used?

> kpsestat

used?

> kpsewhich
> mktexlsr
> pdftosrc

also pdfinfo, pdftops, pdfimages ... everything from xpdf

> e.) latest binaries to be taken from elsewhere, whenever possible
> (help might be needed)
> dvitomp
> makempx
> mpost
> mpto

gforce, taco can tell, we may put them on the luatex site as well

> pdftex
>
> luatex
> texlua (same as luatex, I guess, or simply a symbolic link?)
> texluac (same as luatex, I guess)

indeed, copies but needed

> xdvipdfmx
> xetex
>
> + pdftex.pool and xetex.pool

for the moment yes, taco ... shouldn't we move pools files into the bins?

> f.) what to do with this one?
> xpdfsuite.zip

we need a texmf/license path