[dev-context] binaries in context minimals

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Thu Sep 20 09:33:51 CEST 2007

Taco Hoekwater wrote:

> I have a somewhat longer list of exes that I believe can be
> weeded out:
>
>>> dvipdfmx
>
> Is that still needed ? I always run xdvipdfmx instead

we should ask Chof/Jonathan abou tmerging them; last time i asked
Jonathan he told me that he was not sure if i was downwad compatible

>>> dvips
>
> Dvips needs a bunch of postscript header (.pro) files, that are
> not in the distro right now, I think. When I tried to run it just
> now, it was complaining about missing stuff.

so we can go pdf and use pdftops if someone wants proper postscript

> I thought Jonathan had that planned for 0.997.
>
> For pdftex: we had a discussion about the pool file once already, and
> I am not in the mood to repeat it.

well, i'm sure that martin can integrate it into the build; would save a
lot of hassle with binary updates (no problem for tex live since the
polish dropped their translated pool files long ago)