[dev-context] XML error reporting

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 02:10:34 CEST 2007

Hello Hans,

the lua XML parser works nice: no errors are tolerated at all, so the
following example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<story>
<windows>my secret</mouse>
</story>

will fail with a friendly message, but it would be really helpful if
one would know at which line in the source file the error has happened
to help debugging.

Btw: \xmlprocess doesn't complain if the file is not found. I spent
quite some time trying to figure out what I did wrong in the
definitions again, only to figure out that the file had been saved
under a different location :(

None of this is high-priority, but only
"would-be-nice-to-have-in-distant-future" request.

Thanks a lot,
    Mojca