[dev-context] integrating context mkiv, luatex, and fmtutil, mktexlsr, etc

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Wed Oct 3 13:20:17 CEST 2007

Norbert Preining wrote:

> But I don't see how this will work? I checked the luacode a bit and I
> saw that it only loads from ONE cache directory. Could we set
> 	LUATEXCACHE=/var/lib/sysluacache:$TEXMFVAR/luacache:...
> 	TEXMFSHARECACHE=yes
> ?? Or do I misunderstand something?

formats go to the paths defined in texmf.cnf (TEXFORMATS) and the
filedatabses go alongside the ls-R files, so basically it then behaves
like any other tex

the cache path is only used and populated at runtime, so

LUATEXCACHE=$TEXMFVAR/luacache:...
TEXMFSHARECACHE=yes

should be ok then; if needed, later i can look into a way to share other
cache stuff (say that you generate tmc files for 300 fonts at
installation time) but if i understoof right, the main reason was
formats and file databases