[dev-context] natural table error

Vit Zyka vit.zyka at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 10:21:16 CET 2008

Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>> Hi Vit,
>>>
>>> your TeX run out of memory, you should increase the save size
>>> and the table should work.
>>>
>>> Wolfgang
>> Yuoops! You are right Wolfgang. Thank you.
>>
>> I did not realize that I have a different memory setting in my old and
>> new ConTeXt instalation and I suspected it was caused by macro recurse
>> loops.
>
> This is also the default value in my installation.
>
> You should know tables are read into memory first and this will fill
> the save size, this works in plain TeX with pages spanning a few hundred
> pages but every cell in natural tables is also a \framed command and the
> definitions for table cells and framed are long and complicated.
>
> Wolfgang

Yes Wolfgang, I know about this; I am stupid I did not have this in mind
detecting the error message.

My ConTeXting is never-ending fight with strange behaviour/version
dependency/bugs. This fight is a adventurous pleasure on one hand but
sometimes also time-consuming pain on the other one. I am feeling a bit
paranoid of that to being view a bug even where there no one is.

Please do not read this as a complain. ConTeXt is too complicated piece
of software that is why it is understandable. Problem (?) is it is still
rapidly developed. Before some stabilization might bring nearer another
reorganization/development (e.g. MKIV) fires :) Perhaps c'est la vie.

Best
Vit

P.S. Thanks also to Hans for his answer.