[dev-context] context program, mtxrun question?

Mojca Miklavec mojca.miklavec.lists at gmail.com
Mon May 19 12:02:13 CEST 2008

> What we actually need, and that is the same for TeX Live and for all
> distributions (at least inmy imagination), is:
>
> - one (or several) system wide luatex cache thingies
> - one per user (if the user wants to)
> - a way to update the cache for specific trees only
>  (luatools --system-only ...)
> - and the adaption of the lua functions that the different caches are
>  merged at loading time, the later (user) taking precedence over the
>  former.
>
> That would already be some big step forward.
>
>> come on, we do care, but it's a moving train ...
>
> ;-) Let me sometimes get rid of some frustration .... ;-))) It does not
> happen often anyway.

I really wonder how (if at all) LuaTeX is going to work on MikTeX ...
:) ConTeXt is broken there already, and ConTeXt is the only tool that
really benefits from LuaTeX (apart from some of your tools on TL). The
new search capabilities are likely to break the MikTeX's auto-install
functionality as well if nobody will push Hans to fix it (or implement
it himself).

Mojca