[dev-context] context program, mtxrun question?

Oliver Buerschaper oliver.buerschaper at mpq.mpg.de
Tue May 20 15:26:56 CEST 2008

> Hans and I are extending context in this area right now, so any
> current answer will likely be outdated before much longer.
> So, a little bit of extra patience is required still.

I see. It's just that literally everything about ConTeXt is changing
on a daily basis and almost every current answer about just any topic
seems to be outdated within a fortnight.

However, if you want user-friendly ConTeXt distributions to hit the
main stage at some point you'll have to start somewhere. Refusing to
explain the details because they're going to change anyway probably
won't be the best idea ...

On the other hand, if you want ConTeXt distributions to always remain
almost exact replicas of Hans' machine (like the current minimals
are), fine. But don't expect them to be widely usable. The average
user doesn't have the knowhow required to happily juggle with dozens
of configurations sitting side by side.

Sorry for putting this bluntly but I feel something had to be said
about this issue. I guess it won't do you any harm if you shared your
plans about LuaTeX's configuration mechanism with us package
developers ... thus we wouldn't have to reverse engineer every tiny bit.

Oliver